Steel is a metal that has been used in construction and other industries for many years. It can be joined together with other metals and shaped using Bending Machines. You can find a Range of bending machines that will work with a variety of different metals.
Here are some facts about steel that you may not be aware of:
- Over 69% of steel is recycled which makes it one of the most recycled items that we have.
- When you take steel and iron both in their original, pure forms, steel is over 1,000 times stronger than iron which is why it is becoming one of the preferred metals for construction.
- The steel industry as a whole makes around $900 billion in turnover annually which makes it the second largest industry across the globe next to the oil and gas industry.
- When roofs are made with steel they will last for around 50 years before they would need to be replaced compared to a standard roof that has a lifespan of around 17 years.
- Steel is similar to iron in that it expands in the heat. It is for this reason that the Eiffel Tower is reportedly 6 inches taller during the summer months when you compare it to its height in the winter.